Director, Christine Cross Ltd and Advisory Board Member
A food scientist by background, lecturing at Edinburgh and Bath Universities for 15 years,
Chris was then a Director with Tesco plc on their Operating Board between 1989-2003 in a variety of roles developing own brand, leading non food and global sourcing and latterly Business Development Director focussed on international and small format expansion.
She left Tesco in 2003 and now runs a retail advisory business focussing on international best practice in customer led business planning and value chain management .
She has Non-Executive Directorships with:
- Kathmandu plc, the largest outdoor clothing retailer in Australia and New Zealand
- Brambles plc, the global supplier of Chep pallets
- Sonae group plc, the largest grocery retailer in Portugal
- Hilton Food Group plc, the retail ready meat provider to Tesco, Ahold and Woolworths Au
- Coca Cola European Partners plc, a $27bn bottler across Europe and the Nordics
- Private co’s incl The Pollen Estate, Fenwick, River Island and Monsoon Accessoize
She has also served with the Boards of Next plc, Empire Canada plc, Fairmont Hotel Group Canada plc and Taylor Wimpey plc in the last ten years and as Chief Retail Advisor PricewaterhouseCoopers for six years.
She holds the title of Visiting Professor at Belfast and Hull University Business Schools.
Chris holds a first degree and MSC in Food Science and a Diploma in Management.